Effective Date: April 10, 2018
Please click on one of the links below to learn more about the ways in which we collect, use and protect your personal information.
- Sources of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- How we Protect Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Access to and Correction of your Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
Sources of Personal Information
We may obtain certain personal information (such as your name and contact details) when you choose to provide them through our Site. The types of information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number);
- username and password to access ACG|Envirocan products online;
- account number;
- payment information (such as payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address); and
- content you may provide (for example, when you complete one of our online contact forms).
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we obtain in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
- create and manage your online account;
- offer and provide products to you;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys, events, programs, promotions and other offers;
- display content on our Site;
- process your payments;
- respond to and communicate with you about your inquiries and requests and provide information you request;
- provide product support;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products; enhancing and improving our products; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- perform data analysis and other analyses and processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our business. We also use this information to help administer our Site, identify users of our Site, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Site, how users navigate through our Site, and how we may tailor our Site to better meet the needs of our users.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. When we engage service providers to store or process personal information, our policy is to have in place contractual provisions with those service providers limiting the purposes for which the information is being transferred to them and stipulating security requirements for that information. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services. We may also share your personal information with other third parties with your consent.
How we Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
For example, ACG|Envirocan restricts the access to your personal information to those employees directly administering your service. We also train and educate our employees on all personal information-related security measures and protocols. We employ physical and technological security measures, as well as security-related administrative policies to appropriately protect your personal information as effectively as possible.
We retain personal information as long as is required for the purposes identified when you provided the personal information, and for any new purposes identified by us and consented to by you, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Access to and Correction of your Personal Information
How to Contact Us
Attention: Privacy Officer
131 Whitmore Road, Unit 7
Woodbridge, ON Canada
Phone: +1.905.856.1414 • Fax: +1. 905.856.6401