Dissolved Air Flotation
Simple and basic concept with strong mechanical components provide efficient sludge removal and clarification of heavy and fatty effluents.
- High retention time and special hydraulic design allows operation without chemicals.
- Very efficient surface and bottom sludge removing systems allows high inlet solids loading and gives high floated sludge consistency.
- Easy to clean.
- Oil and fats removal without chemical treatment.
- Food industry effluents with high solids concentration.
- Sludge thickening.
The Minicell is the simplest and the smallest DAF clarifier in the KWI product line. It is designed for small flows.
- Very competitive price.
- Simple operation.
- Excellent performance with “difficult” and “fragile” sludge quality – the sludge blanket does not move and the risk of having “sinking flocs” is negligible (the sludge is not pushed to the sludge extraction device as the spiral scoop is travelling around the sludge blanket) .
- 3 different tank heights available (choice according to the application).
- Excess biological sludge clarification and thickening before further de-watering for small installations – excellent application in case of biological phosphorous removal. This reduce also the polymer consumption in the sludge de-watering system.
- Industrial effluents from the food industry in combination with chemical treatment.
- Industrial low flow effluents.
“Zero velocity” water distribution/recovery concept allows the perfect clarification of very high flows with minimum hydraulic turbulence in a tank with only 400 mm water depth.
- Very shallow tank – only 950 mm with 400 mm of water depth.
- Excellent solution for high flows.High clarification efficiency with moderate polymer consumption due to “zero velocity” concept.
- Low weight loading – 700 kg/m only.
- Very low retention time – less than 3 minutes.
- All process water clarification in the paper industry (white water, de-inking, final effluent …).
- High flow industrial effluents.
- Tertiary treatment.