Flowmeter – Full Pipe Multiple Electrode Insertion
The TORPEE-MAG is the most economical flow metering solution for medium and large pipe sensor sizes, reducing drastically installation costs. The TORPEE-MAG can be installed without shutting down, emptying or cutting the pipe (hot tap installation). This significantly reduces the cost of installation by reducing extensive onsite manpower and eliminating the need for heavy equipment (cranes, etc.).
The TORPEE-MAG fits in confined spaces, can be submerged and offers complete accessibility. It can be removed in pipes under pressure for easy inspection, cleaning, calibrating or verification and it is particularly cost-effective for retrofit application. This makes it the ideal flow metering solution for a multiple of applications including:
- Drinking Water: Distribution, Billing, Filter Balancing & Backwash, Disinfection Dosing, Well Water & Pump Booster Stations,
- Waste Water: Effluent, Recycle / Reclaim
- Industrial: Clean Process Water, Chilled Water, Cooling Water
- Multi-electrode sensor delivering accurate total flow profile rivaling the performance of a full-bore meter (±0,5% of reading from 0,25 m/s to 6 m/s).
- Ease of hot tap installation without interrupting service
- Economical solution for medium & large line sizes reducing drastically installation costs (sizes from DN 100 to DN2500)
- Removable in pipes under pressure for inspection, cleaning, calibration or verification
- Sensor coated with NSF-61 certified epoxy coating
- Robust construction for operational longevity with rugged 316 stainless steel/aluminum sensor body
- Comes pre-calibrated; with no moving parts, the sensor contains nothing to wear or break