JWC Environmental is a global leader in solids reduction and separation systems for customers in several industries, including wastewater treatment, petroleum, food processing, agriculture, marine, recycling, product destruction and more. In 1973, JWCE invented the Muffin Monster, the world’s first dual-shafted wastewater grinder. Today, JWCE has shipped over 35,000 waste shredders and screens worldwide and our family of 150 employees is committed to providing customers with cutting edge technologies, services and value.
Monster Wash Press
A New Monster to Get Cleaner Screenings
The Monster Wash Press is JWC Environmental’s latest generation of washer compactors. The Monster Wash Press processes screenings to separate water and organics from the solids. The result is a clean, dry, light and compact discharge which reduces the amount of waste to be dumped, ultimately saving treatment facilities time and money.
The Monster Wash Press may be outfitted with a Muffin Monster® grinder to pre-condition the screenings before they enter the washer compactor. The grinder breaks open rags, plastics and trash to promote washing and removal of soft organics during the wash cycle. Additionally, preconditioned screenings result in superior compaction, reducing the volume of discharge that must be hauled away.
Discharge from the pre-conditioning Muffin Monster or directly from the screen enters a Pre-Wash Zone where the debris is soaked to begin the process of separating organics from the solids. An auger rotor transports the soaked debris into the Active Wash Zone of the Monster Wash Press where a paddle rotor* agitates the material, enhancing wash water penetration throughout the debris. The results is the effective washing of soft organics from the solids. The soft organics pass through a screen and are returned to the plant’s waste stream for treatment. The washed solids move to the Dewater and Compaction Zone where water is removed from the solids and the solids are compacted. The resultant discharge emerges from the Monster Wash Press as a dry, solid plug.
Benefits and Features
Dual Shafted Grinder (optional)
- 30K Muffin Monster grinds screenings discharge for the best washing and compacting
- Easy to retrofit grinderless Monster Wash Press with Muffin Monster
- Soaks screenings to jump-start separation of organics from solids
- Brushless auger rotor to promote free movement of debris to active wash zone
Active Wash Zone
- Paddle rotor* mixes and break-ups debris in wash zone to optimize
separation of soft organics from solids
- Brushed rotor keeps screen clean
- Customer defined 2, 3, or 6 mm perforated screen to separate solids from
- Segmented auger rotor brush allows in situ brush replacement
- Removable top cover and drive end plate* minimizes clearance space needed to
remove rotor and screen
- Field replaceable screen
- Multiple inspection ports for easy examination of equipment and operation
The Monster Wash Press is currently available only in North America.
* Patent pending