Flexibility. Proven Design. Trouble Free Operations.
Archimedean Screw Pumps are ideal for moving large volumes of liquid with low lift. Consisting of few moving parts, Screw Pumps provide a built-in variable capacity while operating at a constant speed, resulting in minimum wear and maintenance. Lakeside Equipment has been designing Screw Pumps since 1969. Our non-clog design will handle many applications efficiently.
These proven Screw Pumps are ideal for:
- Wastewater influent and effluent lift stations
- Wastewater return activated sludge pumping
- Storm water
- Land drainage
Open Screw Pumps
The open screw pump consists of a spiral screw, upper and lower bearings and a drive assembly. It pumps liquid in a semi-circular open trough permitting both simplicity and reliability. These screw pumps can be placed in either concrete or steel troughs at an angle of inclination ranging from 22 to 40 degrees.
The screw pump’s sealed lower bearing can be designed with a long lasting sleeve bearing and integrated grease lubricating system or a permanently greased lubricated roller bearing that can minimize maintenance. These self-aligning bearing assemblies are designed for continuous or intermittent operation in submerged or non-submerged conditions.
- Variable pumping capacity without the need for special controls
- 70 to 75% efficient for two-thirds of the screw pump’s operating capacity
- Non-clogging requiring no pre-screening
- Minimal maintenance with few moving parts and slow operating speeds
- Installation does not require a wet well, unlike other pumps on the market
Enclosed Screw Pumps
Enclosed Screw Pumps provide the same pumping capability as Open Screw Pumps but are encased within a tube rather than sitting in an open trough. Lakeside Equipment is the only manufacturer who offers two different types of Enclosed Screw Pumps.
- Type S Enclosed Screw Pump operates inside a stationary tube. The top of the stationary tube may be fixed or mounted on a pivot to allow raising the lower end to vary the pumping rate. Similar to the Open Screw, the angle of inclination ranges from 22 to 40 degrees.
- Type C Enclosed Screw Pump has an outer rotating tube with welded internal flights. With the lower bearing mounted above the water level, the pump is capable of higher lifts than an Open Screw Pump. This pump has a maximum inclination of 45 degrees resulting in a smaller overall footprint.
- No trough means less concrete for the screw pump structure
- No grouting required reducing installation costs
- Pivot feature of Type S Pump eases lower bearing maintenance and repair
- Smaller horizontal footprint for Type C Pump with inclination of 45-degrees
- Type C Pump is 5 to 10 percent more efficient than the Open Screw Pump
- Ideal and cost-effective “drop in” replacement for other, less reliable designs.